Where are we?
So, you wanna be a part of our trip …
A big part of what we're doing here is getting people involved. The East Coast Greenway needs, above all else, participation to reach its goals. Because the trail is for everyone, everyone should get involved and make this a reality. How, you may ask?
- Ride with us. The more bodies we can get on the trail, the harder it will be to ignore. Federal and state agencies have so far failed to get involved. Given the budgets devoted to highways/interstates, that is really a shame. Let's make them pay attention and put forward some resources for this valuable project.
- Donate to the greenway. It's a good cause and will help get the project completed. You can do this in two ways: Go to our fundraising site at www.firstgiving.com/patchonthegreenway or to the alliance's site at www.greenway.org.
- Spread the word. Call your friends, family, local paper or TV station. Maybe someone you know would like to ride with us, volunteer to help the greenway, donate or host us along the way. Every little bit from every person helps.
- Volunteer. Even if you don't live on the East Coast, there are plenty of organization devoted to helping non-motorized travellers in all areas of the United States. It's good for your health and the world.
- Help us fundraise. Download our poster and hang it at your office, apartment building lobby, local bike shop or car window if you're really enthusiastic.